Braces are used to correct the teeth setting , straighten them, reduce gaps in between and make the smile sweeter and cuter for your kids ! Apart from looks it also is important medically as it prevents decay and degradation of teeth . Some kids find braces uncomfortable as it is something new attached to their teeth. But with proper care and guidance, your child may ultimately learn to love their newest physical particularity.
Braces have come commonplace in numerous families – roughly 4 lakh children in India have a need for braces at some time or other especially during adolescent and teenage times, when the adult teeth have come by and treatment can be most effective.
But even getting braces for kids can be helpful as it can help the natural teeth to grow in place correctly !
Yet, as numerous parents formerly know, getting kids to a “ braces cleaning routine” can be tricky. For parents and children who want to keep the cleanest teeth with braces, follow these tips.
• Remember to brush your braces four times a day – twice as much as normal teeth ! – Every dentist recommends brushing twice a day if you do n’t have braces. That doubles for people with braces. Clean teeth at least four times a day with a soft, rounded- bristle brush or electric toothbrush and a fluoride toothpaste. Be sure to follow the orthodontist’s instructions on how to duly brush with braces.
• Buy a trip toothbrush– It’s also called a “ tooth travel buddy “ and is a delicate, soft brush to brush your teeth four times a day when you ’re away from home and more prone to eating g junk foods !
All children seem to have busy schedules, so they should always be prepared. Trip toothbrushes in their bag will allow your kid to brush their teeth and braces anytime throughout the day.
• Get in between teeth– Brushing alone won’t remove all of the shrine. Flossing teeth, around and at the gumline at least two times every day will insure a cleaner mouth. Floss threaders help maneuver dental fluff between cables of the braces and teeth and can be taught by your dentist , to your kid , so that he/ she can do the floss properly !
• Teach the kids to use mouthwash – a mouthwash will help get the hidden bacteria and the swishing and swishing of mouthwash in their mouth is a good way to keep it bacteria free ! Use the mouthwash recommended by the dentist only , oral hygiene routine, is essential if your child has braces as this is the time to instil healthy habits in them .
Water gargling too is great as it cleans the recesses and crevices in the braces shells and those tooth area under orthodontic braces , and around and under the gumline leaving no room for dangerous bacteria to grow. They can reach areas that brushing and flossing miss.
• Get professional cleanings from the orthodontist . However, regular teeth will not be affected by the braces only they will be tightened and put in place literally ! If a hold is scared of braces then bring him / her to talk to the friendly pediatric dentist at Partha Dental. We are the best in the field for children’s braces and have success treated thousands of them!