The important differences between cosmetic and aesthetic dentistry
- Aesthetic and cosmetic dentistry are terms that are used to describe dental practices that help your teeth look better. This is different than as which is focused on solely on the health of your teeth.
- While these two terms are often used interchangeably, the truth is that there are some major differences between aesthetic and cosmetic dentistry.
- The biggest difference between the two forms of dentistry is that cosmetic dentistry focuses on things that will make your teeth look better. This includes things like teeth whitening and veneers.
- On the other hand, aesthetic dentistry uses an approach that helps fix problems such as a few missing teeth, crooked teeth , unaligned teeth – that both fixes the problem from a functional standpoint, but also helps you to look and feel your best. In other words, you could say that aesthetic dentistry is a more complete approach than cosmetic dentistry.
- One of the other big differences between cosmetic and aesthetic dentistry is the end goal.
- Aesthetic dentistry uses techniques available to modern medicine to give you a more natural, healthy look. Aesthetic dentists use techniques like regular cleanings, root canal removal, and the restoration of teeth with fillings or bridges to make your teeth look normal and healthy. The goal is to give you healthy teeth that function properly so that you can look your best and eat and talk normally.
Cosmetic dentistry includes techniques like teeth whitening, braces, veneers , teeth jewellery, diamond teeth studs , smile designing and a wide variety of other techniques. The idea is to give you bright, white, straight teeth that are picture perfect smile !